Snowstorms only happen at select places. In Kid Chameleon, they only appear in two of ten Themes:
All other levels are absolutely snow free, guaranteed. Did you really expect it to snow on the Pyramids of Peril?
All snowstorm levels have something in common. They start totally innocent like any other Ice or Mountain level. However, after some 15 to 20 seconds, the weather suddenly shifts. All blocks, terrain, and prizes (except helmets) gray out to a certain extent as the sky blackens, while heavy rain or snowfall can be seen in the background.
The main threat, apart from your flashlight's batteries going empty, are the large icy snowballs showering down in the foreground. There doesn't seem to be a fixed pattern, and theoretically they can hurt you anywhere, except in caves and under blocks. Note that they always slightly come from the right side of the screen, so standing directly below a single block won't necessarily have you safe. They will cost you a hit point like any other enemy if they hit you, and they can not be destroyed before hitting either you, a block, or solid ground.
And now, Ken with the weatherEdit
Expect snowstorms in these levels:
- The Crystal Crags 1 (Ice, Stage 1)
- Stormwalk Mountain (Mountain, Stage 1)
- Elsewhere 6 (Mountain, Stage 2)
- Blizzard Mountain (Ice, Stage 3)
- Elsewhere 14 (Ice, Stage 3)
- The Nightmare Peaks 2 (Mountain, Stage 3)
- Diamond Edge (Ice, Stage 4)
- Elsewhere 21 (Ice, Stage 4)
None of these, except for the Elsewheres, can be avoided without using a Bridge or even worse things.
- The time before a weather type appears will continue even if the game is Paused.
- Snowballs will collide with invisible blocks that haven't been revealed yet.
For other places with some special fun, see: Murder wall